Matt Donnelly is a partner at Petefish, Immel, Hird, Johnson, Leibold & Sloan, LLP. His practice includes civil litigation, estate planning, student law, intellectual property, criminal defense, and administrative law. Matt is prompt, professional, and known for his common-sense approach to resolving legal issues.
Some recent examples:
- * Comprehensive estate plans for families, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney
- * Representing college students accused of misconduct, or dismissed from an academic program (view mjdonnellylaw.com for more information)
- * Commercial, residential, and agricultural leases
- * Civil litigation based on breach of contract and negligence
- * Business transactions, buy/sell agreements, entity selection and formation, corporate governance
Prior to joining Petefish Law, Matt was an associate at the respected Topeka law firm, Henson, Hutton, Mudrick & Gragson. He also served the State of Kansas for many years as general counsel at the Lansing Correctional Facility. Matt earned his undergraduate degree from West Virginia Wesleyan College and his juris doctorate from the University of Kansas.
Matt is a longtime Lawrence resident who enjoys recreation on Clinton Lake, and spending time at his family’s small cattle farm west of town.
- State of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.A. Philosophy
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D.
- Douglas County Bar Association
- Douglas County Law Library – Board Member, 2017-2019
- Kansas City Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts
- Lawrence Adult Soccer League – Board Member